Sunday 4 May 2014

SSC Meet and Learn May 3rd

I was fairly excited, as the winter had been quite long and we were long overdue for a community gathering.  With so many of the original group having moved away, however, I was not sure how many people to expect.

FHB was fairly stoked.  N had volunteered to be his demo for pressure points.  I planned on a rope tutorial to follow his presentation and of course we had something new and exciting... A surprise for everyone!

With so many people messaging me for the address I thought we might have a full house.  I find that many people, when they find out we have waivers and if you appear 'young' you may be required to show ID, are reluctant to attend.  I understand their reticence, but at the same time I have to ensure that EVERYONE is safe, protected and that we all are on the same page.

FHB gave F a ride, and N showed up shortly after.  We introduced them and chatted for a time.  At quarter after, however, we moved forward and presented our surprise.

This innocent looking device is a spanking machine from spankermachine.com  We set it up, attaching it to a rickety side table I have (not sure why I have not replaced that thing either, but...) and attached my shortest cane to it. 

N was our brave volunteer, and what a show!!  You can see in the video that the machine's clamp is rather lame, and that the implements keep dropping lower and lower.  But for the money it is certainly a great find.

I admit, I was laughing hysterically as N danced all over and the machine relentlessly continued to swat her.  I noted, with some mirth, that she stood there, never moving away-so all her jumping about seemed twice as funny.

Just as we wrapped that up and started the pressure point demo, J called to say they were headed over.  FHB happily redid the Pressure Points demo for J and then we did a toy share and chat for the rest of the evening.

Perhaps not as structured as we sometimes get, but it was fantastic to gather again! See you all next month!






No comments:

Post a Comment