Sunday 5 February 2012

Yes, Mom's Do Have Sex

An interesting aspect of going from being part of a couple to being single when there are children involved, is watching the children to to fill the adult role left vacant. 
Even when they are adult children, no longer living at home, there seems to be some sort of trigger that goes off in their brain, telling them that their remaining parent NEEDS them to be the adult.
I can't speak for other divorced mothers, of course.  But it will be a cold day in Jamaica when I need a child to tell me how to behave and what is permissible for me to do.
I was out for a drink with a male, when my son, who is an adult himself, was told by someone who spotted me that I was (gasp) in a pub with a man.  My cell phone was non stop the entire time. After my drink/date/meet I went to have a talk with my dear son. We will call him JAY.
Jay "Who was that you were with"
Me. "A date."
Jay, "You can't date! You're a Mom!"
Me, "You know that is ridiculous, right?"
Jay, "I don't want to be out and see you on a 'date'"
Me,"So stay at home then."
Jay, "Where did you meet that guy, What is his name?"
Me, "Listen here, Kiddo.  I am a 40 year old single woman who has needs.  I will go where I want, see who I want, when I want and like hell are you going to make me accountable to you for any of it.  I have the right, as an adult, to make these choices."
Jay, "I still want to know where you met him."
Me, "Be careful what you ask son, I will answer you.... I met him online."
Jay, "WHAT? On a Dating SITE???"
Me. "You really want to know?"
Jay, "Mom I am on dating sites! That is just wrong!"
Me, "I doubt you are on this one.  I met him on a kink website."
Jay, "........."
Me "I was trying to talk him into taking me home for a spanking. Anything else you want to know?"
Jay, "MOOOOM!!!!"
Me. "Yes?"
I doubt he will ask me again, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment