Saturday 17 March 2012

Power and Authority


Power is an interesting thing... Strictly speaking power is one's (or a group of persons) ability to get what they want despite opposition.  Politically we see this all the time, as governments and rulers have teh ability to do what they wish, regardless of what us peons think about it. 
Many so called Doms and Masters seem to think this a also how it works in BDSM, but I think perhaps these specific power grabbing and strutting dominants need to examine political history before they get too carried away..
Many rulers and governments have found that while they can take power, oft times with brutal force, that if the people/person they then have power over do not accept this power and instead view it as abusive and coercive.. well those rulers quickly find that they lack authority.
Think of all those places in which we are watching riots and civil wars break out.  Unhappy people in Egypt for example, who do NOT agree that their rulers have the authority to have power over them. 
Now apply these two terms to..say.. playing with me.
Yes.. I am not a bodybuilder and you probably can TAKE by force temporary power over me. But if I don't feel you have the right to that power...if at ANYTIME I feel you are abusing it, I will not tolerate it.  I may not have large muscles, but I can still take back your authority with but a thought.  And then there will be civil war.
So, fellow kinksters, be wary.  Power is a tenuous thing to hold if you do not have the authority.  And a person deserving of that authority also knows how to use their power to empower those in their charge.
Hugs and laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment